Monday, May 25, 2009

California Day 3 and 4: The Wedding

(I stole this picture off of Jenny and David Webb's Blog because we did not take a single picture of the wedding.)

Friday was spent in San Bernadino doing whatever we could to help Linda prepare for Krista's wedding. I spent the morning chopping celery, honeydew, and pineapple. Because there was so much to cut up I did end up cutting my finger slightly but believe me it could have been much worse. Martin and the boys spent the day outside painting and stringing Christmas lights all throughout the backyard for the reception. We did what we could but it was relatively small compared to the huge amount of preparation Linda had been doing for months. I am amazed at all the small details that I would have totally forgotten about if I had been putting the wedding together.

Saturday Krista and Ertle were married. They were sealed in the Los Angeles temple by the same sealer that sealed Linda and Matt. The bride was beautiful and the spirit was strong. I really enjoyed being in the sealing room, everyone dressed in white with all of Martin's family. The reception was beautiful and thankfully not too hot. By the end of the night, the backyard had a magical feel to it with candles glowing, music playing and thousands of Christmas lights strung across the yard. We had planned on helping take down whatever was needed but it was apparently already assigned to people Matt and Linda knew. I have never seen something that took so long to put together, taken apart so very quickly. We got home really late and had to carry the sleeping girls in to bed. Thank goodness we got to sleep in some the next day.

1 comment:

Jennifx said...

Mandy I had such a great time visiting with you while we chopped up the fruit. That was such a great day.