Tuesday, May 26, 2009

California Day 5, 6, and 7

Sunday we went to church with Dad and Lynn. After church all of Martin's family came over to Dad's house for a birthday BBQ in his honor. When everyone was leaving I felt my vision go wavey. Apparently there had been an earthquake in Los Angeles. We found out later that it had registered as a 4.7.




On Monday, we went to Disneyland. The girls were so excited. First up on the agenda were Mickey ears. They both picked out the princess ears and got their names stitched on the back. After that we hit the rides. Trying to do as many of the rides as we possibly could Martin and I would strategize were to go next while waiting in line. After riding the Matterhorn Alex wanted to know if every ride was a roller coaster. She loved it. After Fantasyland and Toon Town we had lunch. Next we hit Tomorrowland. We got in the 25 minute line for Space Mountain. When we were only 5 people away from getting on Ashlynn tells me she does not want to go. I have to ask her to seriously think about it because she can not change her mind after the fact. (I was not waiting in that line again.) Ashlynn and I did not go but Martin and Alex did. He said that when they got off she said "That was Awesome!". I guess she really likes roller coasters now. It was getting close to the closing time for California Adventure so we decided to go over and see if there was anything we really needed to ride on. When we got over there I realized that my cell phone was no longer in my pocket. After that everything went down hill. We were tired and I was cranky. The girls were falling asleep on Martin while I checked a couple of the rides for my phone. We decided to call it a day. I now understand why people feel the need to go to Disneyland for 3 to 5 days...we could never afford it but it would help spread things out a little.

On Tuesday we packed up and headed home. It is so good to get away but at the end of a trip it is so good to come home.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the fancy slideshow! Great pictures. Looks like you had fun. It is only fair that you lost your phone since Jenny lost her car remote the last time :)

Jennifx said...

Isn't Disneyland the best. The day you went I kept thinking about you and how much fun you were having and couldn't help but smile. David kept asking me why I was smiling.
Your kids look so happy. Just like I pictured them. I love the pink mickey ears.

Stephanie said...

that is so cool that you guys were able to go to disneyland. love the pictures. that so stinks about your phone :(