Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis the Season to be Jolly?

Do I have the spirit of Christmas? I sure do...unfortunately it is more along the lines of Scrooge than Tiny Tim. I am a naturally stressed out person, huge fault but I am owning up to it. When I received by new calling Martin was concerned how it would affect that level of stress but so far I have been able to keep it in check. The month of December has promptly destroyed my balance. Getting ready for the new year is a big thing but add it on top of Christmas and I am almost at my wits end. I feel very sad by this because Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. There are so many things I want to do with my family for Christmas but they are quickly being replaced by the I "have to's". Does this cheat my family of things that could be but don't necessarily need to be done? It is now the second week of December and neither do we have a tree nor one piece of Christmas decor decks our hall. I feel pushed down and overloaded and I am afraid those I will fail in the end will be my family and they deserve so much more. Okay, talk about depressing, I am done whining... now I can get back to trying to get as much done as possible.

1 comment:

Jennifx said...

I think at this time of the year it is natural to feel this way. I don't have as much on my plate but I am feeling the stress of the to many thinks to do and not enough time as well. Don't worry about your family. Even if you don't get to everything you would like to they will still have a great Christmas. They now you love them and that is all that matters. I love you and will keep you in my prayers.