Sunday, October 12, 2008

In the Line of Duty

Last night I was assigned to help with traffic for the football game. Out of nowhere a fawn came out of the trees and was struck by a car. The fawn had a broken leg and numerous other injuries. The fawn would not survive. There were several hundred people on the sidewalks walking to the game that had seen what had happened. Many were asking if the deer would be OK and if I had a blanket to cover the deer. Others saw that the deer was suffering and asked that I put the animal down. I explained that I could not shoot a deer in front of hundreds of people. One man pulled out a knife and said I will do it! I dragged the deer to a less populated area in some trees and shot the deer. Mandy says that Bambi is in Heaven now.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yikes! Good thing you were there to keep things under control and out of the hands of those Provo vigilantes!

Unknown said...

Im sorry Martin I'm guessing that was not fun.