Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Weekend

This weekend I set aside to prepare for the primary program. Friday I got my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed. I had to buy a white long sleeved t-shirt to complete my ensamble for Sunday. Once all that was done I got tickets for the girls and myself to go see High School Musical 3. (Martin opted out.) We went to see the movie straight after picking Alex up from school. The movie was okay but I truly wonder if Zac Efron knows the amount of screaming that takes place in the theater due to his removal of his shirt in one scene. It wasn't even that wonderful due to the fact you only see his naked back. Saturday we had the primary program practice. It was a little crazy with kids talking and skirming around. We only had 3 teachers show up to help keep the kids quiet and prompt them when it was their turn. We also have a really small primary so we are begging the kids to sing as loudly as they can.

The kids did the best they could in practice but I was also worried because they had a wedding reception going on during part of our practice. Technically it shouldn't be a problem since we are in two separate rooms but the people involved in the reception were obviously worried. They continued to come in and look to see who was singing in the chapel. I went to speak with someone so I stopped in the kitchen and tried to talk to the ladies in there but once I had done that someone came and talked to me. I promised that I would do my best to keep the children out of any part of the church except for the chapel and the closest bathroom. I don't know it just made me laugh. We all know that things happen on your wedding day and you just have to roll with the punches. My bouquet broke while taking pictures at the temple. Katie had the fire department come at least twice to hers. (Which is my personal favorite story). Helmut had his temple recommend washed in his pants pocket right before his wedding. Not to mention all of the eyebrow waxing and other tiny things that could happen that make your wedding day yours. With out all the little problems it would just be another perfect wedding.... How boring!

Well, tomorrow is the program. You know I don't even really care if we have to prompt every single child that it is their turn to speak as long as the kids have fun and sing like the choir of angels I know they are I will be happy. Wish us luck!

No comments: