Saturday, October 4, 2008

Time together... time apart

Last night Martin and I had tickets to go see My Fair Lady at the Pioneer Theater. Jenny watched the kids and had them sleep over. Martin and I drove up to Salt Lake and had to find something to eat. We ended up going to The Training Table for dinner. He found it quite amusing due to the fact we were dressed up. But it is one of his favorites and we don't get to go there very often anymore since it is so far away. We drove back to the theater and searched campus until we found it. It wasn't really too hard to find since we just had to follow all of the old people who were also dressed up. The theater was smaller than I had imagined it would be but I suppose that just made the actors seem that much closer. We had the front row of the balcony which was really good due to the length of Martin's legs. He would have been truly cramped if he had to sit in an actual row. I think next time I will try to get tickets that are on the end of a row in order to give us some more elbow room as well. I felt way to close to the lady next to me and can not imagine how claustrophobic Martin must have felt. The play was good and still funny with a few extra bits the actors added to their characters. It was still hard not to compare the woman who played Eliza Doolittle with Audrey Hepburn, but she still did an upstanding job. The play got out pretty late and due to all of the construction and the many detours we did not get home until about 12:30. I went straight to bed happy I would be able to sleep in without Ashlynn waking me up at 6:30am. I met Jenny at Roberts this morning to help her with somethings and to pick up the girls. When I asked Ashlynn if she had missed me her answer was a resounding "NO". Oh, well.

No comments: