Friday, September 5, 2008

A Banner is Unfurled: Glory From on High



I decided that if nothing in my life was happening I could always blog about the books that I have read. I promise that I will only blog about a book if I have finished it recently. We all know that it would take me forever to catch up on all of the past books. I finished Glory From on High just last night. It is a Latter-day Saint Pioneer story very similar to The Work and the Glory. The difference is that I believe the characters are based on the authors' ancestors. The books are considerably shorter than The Work and the Glory making them much faster paced. I feel that the characters are well developed, each having unique and enduring qualities. I do not find it as well written as other books I have read but interesting none the less. A personal note about the book is that in the first volume there was reference to Edmund Durfee, who happens to be my ancestor.

1 comment:

jen said...

you should have your own book review blog.