Monday, September 8, 2008

The Company of Good Women: Almost Sisters

This book is about three women who are very different from each other, meet and bond during Education week at Brigham Young University. It then follows them through their individual lives as well as the time that they are reunited each year. I found the book extremely slow going. As I was reading I continued to wonder when the exciting conflict was going to happen. I would have stopped reading but I always hear that voice in my head from Mom saying I need to at least read 100 pages in order to give the book a fair chance. I find after 100 pages that I have put too much time and effort into reading that I can't stop. The very end of the book has no real ending, so now I have to read the sequel. (Martin says not to but how will I know what happens if I don't?) I will let you know if the second is any better.

No comments: